The following set of guiding principles has proven to be a sound basis for constructive dialogue and cooperation in unity discussions.
During the nine years since September 1995, these guiding principles have served the Christadelphian unity effort in North America very well. Unity meetings often began by reviewing each point, thus setting a high spiritual tone for subsequent discussions. These principles were frequently mentioned in our joint prayers to our Heavenly Father when asking for His help and guidance.
The Christadelphian NASU steering committee recommends that all discussions among brethren be guided by these principles. We believe that conversations within each community and especially those between brethren in the two communities are enhanced by a regular review of these principles.
1. Manifest the spirit of Christ in content and manner of discussion.
2. Seek Bible Truth as a single team.
3. Share information openly within the joint group and ecclesial community.
4. Encourage prayer for unity.
5. Truth and important principles are not to be compromised.
6. Jargon is to be avoided, using clear language and Scriptural wording.
7. Partisan debate and competitive behaviour are not permitted.
Ecclesial delegates and committee brethren have come to know and respect one another, esteeming others better than ourselves, thus building a healthy climate for frank and open dialogue. This same high level of trust and cooperation is essential to develop among the larger group of brethren in the North American scene that are working together to effect unity.